Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ritual De Lo Habitual (thats the best Spanish I can do for now)


We've all heard of "Jumping the Shark." It's that moment when something begins to go downhill, and usually really fast. Now, I'm not really ready to say YouTube has donned a leather coat with water skis just yet, but when Newt Gingrich posts an "apology" in English AND Spanish, I think the luster is gone. OMG! Or as Newt (why would you use that name at age 63?) would say, Dios Mio!

First of all, I'm sick of people calling something like this an apology. Whether Newt (what a name) needed to apologize in the first place isn't the point. Here's what he said, you decide.

But I always thought that you had to actually say "I'm sorry" for something to be considered and apology. Although Newt (really how do you get elected to anything using that name) does say that he realizes his comments "caused a bad feeling in the Latino community" he doesn't say I'm sorry. In fact, no where does he even say apology, instead he says he hopes people "accept this message in the manner it's conveyed." Message. Not apology. Message.

But take a look at both videos, here and here. Newt (it's short for Newton btw) must really have a hard time with the Espanol. It looks like they had to stop and restart taping at least three times. So either Newt (but I mean go with Newton then) had a tough time with the cue cards, or he kept laughing after saying he had a "sincere heart."

1 comment:

Rocky said...

I am really surprised by the quality of your constant posts.You really are a genius, I feel blessed to be a regular reader of such a blog Thanks so much..Plz Visit My Blog-
Onlinekaj.com
Mobile-price-bd.com
Redmi Note 8 Price in Bangladesh