Monday, April 02, 2007

Tonight, we workout in Hell.


With summer right around the corner, it's time to start worrying how you're going to look at the beach without the help of layers of clothing to cover that fat. So, while some people choose to stay in shape with the help of the Nintendo Wii, I'm going to take a better approach I think - the 300 Workout.

A couple of weeks ago I went to see 300, which by the way is perhaps the greatest movie of all time. Casablanca? Garbage compared to 300. Citizen Kane? I don't remember Orson Wells killing tens of thousands of people in that movie.

Anyway, one of the startling things about the movie is how ripped the Spartans are. And it's good to see that there's finally a workout that can help me get the rippling abs and and biceps of King Leonidas. The 300 Workout.

Gerard Butler apparently trained for 12 weeks to get into that shape...so with the shape I'm already in, it should only take about 5 years.


In reality, Butler and some other people in the film worked out for 90 minutes to 2 hours a day, for 5 days a week. Who has that kind of time? Plus, WebMD is saying it's might be a little dangerous. Here's what William J. Kraemer, PhD says: "The out-of-shape person who starts [the 300 graduation test] is going to be dead the first day. No one could do this without prior training. You have to progress."


Guess I will have to buy a Wii I guess.

1 comment:

R*G*B* said...

let me borrow that top...

to cover my fat.